Each 4-H member ages 8-18 can enroll in one or more 'projects' that are offered by their club and taught by their volunteer leader. A project involves hands-on learning in a new skill over a period of several weeks or months. Most projects have a 4-H manual for reference and e-record to keep as a journal of what was learned. All children ages 5-7 must enroll in the Cloverbud project, which explores several 4-H topics and is noncompetitive.
4-H Project Areas:
- General/Natural Resources
- Family and Consumer Science
- Livestock & Rabbit
- Complete Project List
Projects at County Fair
At the end of the 4-H year, 4-H members can enter an exhibit at the Arapahoe County Fair for each 4-H project completed. Winners receive ribbons, prizes and sometimes even cash!
Signing Up for a Project
- Animal Shows/Events
- Shooting Sport Events
- Apply for 4-H Project Achievement Medals by Sept. 5
- Nominations for 'Make the Best Better' Award due Aug. 29
- Nominations for Danforth Award Due Aug. 29