4-H Jr. Science Explorers Club
Sponsored by Colorado State University Jefferson County Extension 4-H Program
4-H Jr. Science Explorers Club - 2014 Critter Camp!
4-H Jr. Science Explorers Club is a unique week-long program that presents children an opportunity to participate in hands-on science while exploring various project areas that the
4-H program offers.
2014 Dates and times:
Camp is in session from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Drop-off is between 7:30 – 8 a.m. Pick-up is between 4-4:30 p.m.
Ages: Open to youth entering 3rd grade in the fall of 2014
Location: Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W 6th Ave., Golden
Critter Camp is sure to be lots of fun! Learn about, and meet all types of critters: pets, farm animals, horses, insects, birds, bats and wild animals.
Examples of planned activities:
- meet a vet
- grab a net and go on an insect hunt
- discover the differences between bats & birds
- meet and learn about real farm animals
- take a field trip to the Lookout Mountain Nature Center to look for signs of wildlife
- live raptor program
- create a camp T-shirt
- investigate animal communication and camouflage
- design and decorate an animal cake
- record what we’ve learned in a critter journal
- participate in teamwork activities and challenges
Register online here! (Or if you prefer call the CSU Extension office at (303) 271-6620 to register over the phone or to have a registration form mailed to you.)
A current immunization record is required. Please submit on an accepted CO Dept of Health Immunization Form. Please contact the camp coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for correct form if needed.
Asthma Care Plan
Allergy & Anaphylaxis Action Plan
Medication Form (for all other meds other than Inhalers and Epi-pens)
All medication forms must be signed by a practitioner with prescriptive authority