4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
Please see our Steps to Becoming a Jefferson County 4-H Member informational sheet for enrollment information. Online enrollment is also available on the Prospective 4-H Members page. Look under "How do I join?"
SNAPS (Something Nice About People Slips)
- “I love Livestock Council!”
- “Tyler Jane does a great job of running 4-H Alliance meetings! You are awesome Tyler Jane”
- “Danielle and Tamera, you guys did an amazing job catching your calves at the Stock Show!”
- “Great Job Horse Council for getting everything together for Hairy Horse Show!”
2013 Horse Show Bills
- Hairy Horse Show
- Arvada Hoofprinters Show
- Horsefeathers Show
- Pleasant Park Horse Show (Flyer)
- Pleasant Park Showmanship Camp
- Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Horse Show
- Rough Riders Gymkhana
- Working Ranch Horse Clinic
- Rough Riders Fun Show
2013 Horse Show Schedule
- February 17 – Equine Experience Clinic – Jeffco Event Center Arena
- May 12 – Hairy Horse Show – Westernaires Arena
- May 19 – Arvada Hoofprinters Show – Westernaires Arena
- June 23 – Horsefeathers Show – El Pinal Arena (Evergreen)
- July 13 &14 – Pleasant Park Horse Show – McKeever Arena (Conifer)
- July 21 – Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Show – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- July 28 – Rough Riders Show – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
- August 8 & 9– County Fair – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 22-25 – State Fair – Pueblo
- September 8 – Equine Event – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- September 29 – Rough Riders Fun Show – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
Congratulations to the 2013 Jeffco Livestock Quiz Bowl team who won First Place at the State 4-H Conference and Fourth Place at the National Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Quiz Bowl Contest!
Seedling trees for conservation planting in the spring of 2014 are available at nominal cost from the
Jeffco 4-H seedling tree program. -Program Information -Order Form
Leadership Development Conference is in Denver! Dates: Jan. 24-27, 2014. Who should attend: Teens 14-18. -Registration Info
4-H Equine Vision Journey Workshop
A unique workshop is held annually for a select group of youth who'd like to examine their passions, strengths and dreams WITH HORSES!
- Summer Camps - A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th and 5th grade to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history.
State Conference - Information is at the CSU WebsiteThe Colorado State 4-H Conference provides great training for 4-H members, leaders, and Extension agents. Members also participate in state contests! 2013 Schedule
Babysitter Training Consider enrolling in a Red Cross babysitter training class sponsored by Jefferson County 4-H. For young teens aged 11 -13. Choose one of two classes: Mon., Nov. 25 or Tues., Nov. 26 from 9 til 4. -Flyer