4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
4-H Barn Dance
Agape Distributors sponsored a
4-H Barn Dance on May 3, 2014, held in the Event Center at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Funds raised will help support 4-H activities at the fairgrounds! We had a BBQ Dinner and Silent Auction, a Live Auction, and a dance to The Tyler Walker Band! We thank our wonderful sponsors and everyone who came or donated items for making this event possible! We hope to see you there next year!
Are you interested in joining 4-H in a Dog Project? We have a dog group that meets in the Conifer area and one that meets in Golden at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds! The dog program teaches you to train your dog for obedience, showmanship, and rally with some agility thrown in for fun!
Please see our new dog poster for information!
2013-2014 Horse Show Bills
(updated as they become available)
- Hairy Horse Show
- Arvada Hoofprinters Show
- Horsefeathers Show
- Pleasant Park Horse Show
- Pleasant Park Horse Show Flyer
- Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Horse Show
- Ranch Race Trail Clinic/Show
2014 Horse Show Schedule
- February 16 – Equine Experience Clinic – Jeffco Event Center Arena
- June 1 – Hairy Horse Show – Westernaires Arena
- May 18 – Arvada Hoofprinters Show – Westernaires Arena
- June 22 – Horsefeathers Show – El Pinal Arena (Evergreen)
- July 12 &13 – Pleasant Park Horse Show – McKeever Arena (Conifer)
- July 20 – Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Show – Jeffco Event Center Arena (Fairgrounds)
- July 27 – Ranch Race Trail – Table View Arena (CANCELED)
- August 7 & 8 – County Fair – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 21-24 – State Fair – Pueblo
- September 7 – Arvada Hoofprinters Show– Rodeo Arena (CANCELED)
- September 28 – Horse Council Fun Show – Table View Arena (CANCELED )
Congratulations to the 2013 Jeffco Livestock Quiz Bowl team who won First Place at the State 4-H Conference and Fourth Place at the National Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Quiz Bowl Contest!
SNAPS (Something Nice About People Slips)
- “I love Livestock Council!”
- “Thank you Diana for all of your work on the Jeffco Livestock Enrichment Program!”
- “Danielle and Tamera, you guys did an amazing job catching your calves at the Stock Show!”
- “Great Job Horse Council for getting everything together for Hairy Horse Show!”
- 4-H Achievement Night - October 7 in Exhibit Hall 2 at 6pm
- 4-H Open House - October 13 in the Event Center at 6pm
- Colorado Leadership Camp-Nov. 7-9 in Glenwood Springs
- 4-H Enrollment and Re-enrollment for the 2014-2015 4-H year begins October 15!
- Officer Training- November 15 in the ECMR at 1-3:00pm
State Conference - Information is at the State 4-H Website: State Conference InfoThe Colorado State 4-H Conference provides great training for 4-H members, leaders, and Extension agents. Members also participate in state contests! Registration now open in 4-H online! 2014 Schedule
Babysitter Training Consider enrolling in a Red Cross babysitter training class sponsored by Jefferson County 4-H. For young teens aged 11 -13. Check back for future class dates! Registration Form
Summer Camps - A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th and 5th grade to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history. Watch for 2015 camp regis-tration in early 2015!