4-H Youth Development
4-H is a national youth development program that has been in existence for more than 100 years. The primary goal of 4-H is to assist youth in developing life skills that help them live productive and satisfying lives.
Some important life skills include making decisions, solving problems, relating to others, planning and organizing, communicating with others, leading self and others, and applying science and technology.
Being part of a 4-H club is one of the most meaningful ways to participate in 4-H. Youth can also be involved in special interest programs, school enrichment and mentoring programs sponsored by 4-H.
4-H Barn Dance
Agape Distributors presents a
4-H Barn Dance, May 3, 2014, to be held in the Event Center at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W. 6th Ave., Golden, CO. Funds raised will help support 4-H activities at the fairgrounds! We will have a BBQ Dinner and Silent Auction starting at 6:00pm, a Live Auction at 6:30pm, and a dance to The Tyler Walker Band from 7:30-9:30pm! We thank our wonderful sponsors for making this event possible! Tickets may be ordered through EventBrite, from 4-H members or leaders, or by calling the Extension Office at 303-271-6620. Prices are $10 for ages 10 and under and $25 for everyone else. We hope to see you there!
Are you interested in joining 4-H in a Dog Project? We have a dog group that meets in the Conifer area and one that meets in Golden at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds! The dog program teaches you to train your dog for obedience, showmanship, and rally with some agility thrown in for fun!
Please see our new dog poster for information!
Dog Fun Matches
Elbert County Dog Fun Matches
March 29 and June 28, 2014 in Kiowa
Pueblo County Dog Shows
April 26 and June 7 in Pueblo
2013-2014 Horse Show Bills
(updated as they become available)
- Hairy Horse Show
- Arvada Hoofprinters Show
- Horsefeathers Show
- Pleasant Park Horse Show
- Pleasant Park Horse Show Flyer
- Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Horse Show
- Rough Riders Gymkhana
- Working Ranch Horse Clinic
- Rough Riders Fun Show
2014 Horse Show Schedule
- February 16 – Equine Experience Clinic – Jeffco Event Center Arena
- May 11 – Hairy Horse Show – Westernaires Arena
- May 18 – Arvada Hoofprinters Show – Westernaires Arena
- June 22 – Horsefeathers Show – El Pinal Arena (Evergreen)
- July 12 &13 – Pleasant Park Horse Show – McKeever Arena (Conifer)
- July 20 – Jeffco Ranger/Wranglers Show – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- July 27 – Ranch Race Trail – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
- August 7 & 8 – County Fair – Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- August 21-24 – State Fair – Pueblo
- September 7 – Equine Event – Rodeo Arena (Fairgrounds)
- September 28 – Horse Council Fun Show – Table View Arena (Fairgrounds)
Congratulations to the 2013 Jeffco Livestock Quiz Bowl team who won First Place at the State 4-H Conference and Fourth Place at the National Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Quiz Bowl Contest!
Learn how to show your species at the Pleasant Park Show Camp
July 19, 2014, at McKeever Arena near Conifer!
SNAPS (Something Nice About People Slips)
- “I love Livestock Council!”
- “Tyler Jane does a great job of running 4-H Alliance meetings! You are awesome Tyler Jane”
- “Danielle and Tamera, you guys did an amazing job catching your calves at the Stock Show!”
- “Great Job Horse Council for getting everything together for Hairy Horse Show!”
Seedling trees for conservation planting in the spring of 2014 are available at nominal cost from the
Jeffco 4-H seedling tree program. -Program Information -Order Form
4-H Barn Dance
Sponsored by Agape Distributors, LLC
May 3, 2014, in the Event Center, Jefferson County Fairgrounds
4-H Equine Vision Journey WorkshopJuly 18-19, 2014 Applications due May 15, 2014!!
A unique workshop is held annually for a select group of youth who'd like to examine their passions, strengths and dreams WITH HORSES!
- Summer Camps - A licensed child care provider, the program offers students entering 3rd a chance to become science explorers and those entering 4th and 5th grade to explore Colorado’s natural and cultural history.
State Conference - Information is at the State 4-H Website: State Conference InfoThe Colorado State 4-H Conference provides great training for 4-H members, leaders, and Extension agents. Members also participate in state contests! Registration now open in 4-H online! 2014 Schedule
Babysitter Training Consider enrolling in a Red Cross babysitter training class sponsored by Jefferson County 4-H. For young teens aged 11 -13. Check back for future class dates! Registration Form